Youth Service is a key part of our club’s active community role. Our involvement includes:
- Interact: Provision of advice and counselling in the establishment of Interact Clubs at local schools and colleges.
- Rotaract: This program is open to community minded young people between the ages of 18-30 years
- Rotary Junior Service Awards: A program from primary school Children to establish an understanding of Community Service
- National Youth Science Forum: This program reinforces an interest in sciences for year 11 students by facilitating their attendance at the annual Science Forum held in a Capital City each January
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards: Provides young adults between the ages of 18 and 26 years with lessons in life and leadership skills
- Rotary Youth Program of Enrichment: Provides students between the ages of 14 to 17 years with the opportunity to develop their leadership potential
- Youth Exchange Program: Provides students completing year 12 to travel overseas and benefit from both education and fellowship in a foreign country for a period of 12 months
- Rotary Australia New Zealand Student Exchange: Operates in a similar way to the Youth Exchange Program but is for students aged 14 and 16 years for a shorter period.
- Roadsafe Youth Driver Awarenes (RYDA): A Rotary initiative on road safety education targeted at year 11 students. The aim of the program is to reduce the death and injury amongst young people on Australian Roads. For access to the Road Safety Education newsletter click here
Contact Rotary Club of Brisbane Planetarium for further information on any of these outstanding youth programs